Friday, March 02, 2007

A few Hundred Skeletons in the Closet

I'm not dead yet!
Wanna bet.
Here's the game palyed.
Against an army of undead, battle arrayed.
After the bounty at Luck's den.
We returned hastily to the barkeeps daughter afore she met her end.
She was to be sacrificed in a horrid rite
At the witching hour in the night.
We got there,
With zero time to spare.
The maiden's bodice was about to be ripped bare
Surrounded by undead she had quite the scare.
The master necromance'
Was about to end fair Elishia's life's dance.
The unerring archer Allais Bedovar
Concealed himself in the cornar.
The gnome,
He went home.
Silent Suzy,
Went off feeling Woozy.
The druid and wolf that inspires fear.
They left and were out of here.
Our forces were bereft.
Dewey, Fitch, Bedovar
And the sturdy dwarf Ulfgar
Were all that were left.
Amid an undead sea
Bodyless bodies were all that we could see
But it was the ranger who shot first.
For the Necromancer's blood his bolts did thirst.
Straight and true
Evil's blood the arrow drew.
Deep into the 'mancers spine.
Those shots stopped the plot of his wicked mind.
Unerring the targets did find.
Now the maiden we had to unbind.
But between us and her
was an undead blur.
Dewey with his axe
began his hacks.
So did the lad who was stocky.
He bashed so many he got cocky.
As for I
My cloak I did try.
In an instant I vanished from the plane material
into the realm etherial.
In the screams of the dead I was drownt
Here lay more souls than I could count.
No more did the souls bleed,
But for me to give them rest they did plead.
Through the throngs I waded.
I was to save the one who waited.
Instantly reappeared did I
From Elishia's lips a terror stricken cry did fly.
It was then the undead attack,
Imbedded itself deep within my back.
Pick the locks
Their blows I could not blocks.
The thrashings I took,
Such that fair Elishia would be off the hook.
I was weak, but she was free,
Thanks to the bloody back of me.
Into the world of the dead.
We escaped this one and fled.
Into tears she broke,
Whilst staying tightly wrapped in my cloak.
Through the mass
Silently we did pass.
The room of fear
We sought to clear.
We were done,
We left Dewey and dorf have their fun.
But when the last of the of death's minions was no more,
It was then we saw the door.
From it came,
A sight that gave faint unto the dame.
It was a fetid nightmare
that gave her and us such a scare.
In utter pain I was wracked,
Still I drew Isenghast and attacked.
Behind the beast I tracked.
Into his back I sneak attacked.
Off his wicked hoof with my sword I shore,
In a crumpled heap the monster hit the floor.
But raised he again upon his thighs.
Snapped at us he caught us by surprize.
Lest our faces he should maul
Our backsides we did haul.
It was off to safety
to where we did flee.
With the barkeeps daughter we did leave.
We didn't run, of the battle we just took a reprieve.
Upon the maiden's request,
We weary adventurers took a rest.
But finished with that fersome beast,
We were not, not in the least.
Did we slay
The unholy terror on that day,
Or was there a feast,
Upon us by the beast?
I had already died once before?
Will Fitch see Death once more?
Come again
To find what did happen with that demon.
Of more I know you itch?
But read you here again to find out what became Fitch.

No comments: