Thursday, February 22, 2007

Create a Connection

1. What is your favorite word?

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis is a good one. It means having very fine silica particulate in your lungs. Its also known as coal miner's disease. Floccinoccinihilipilification meaning to make nothing is also a fine specimen. Two very useful words are Spiffy and Indeed. They find use in quite a few spiffy situations indeed!

2. What is your least favorite word?

The f word that ends in a k, and I don't mean flying duck, Firetruck, or the four letter version ending in a k of fork, is a pretty bad one, especially when over used i.e. at all. But I can forgive the person who uses the F daddy as simply uncouth and trying to shock people with its use. The word I despise above all others is "Deserve." What you don't feel you deserve your fate in life, like Christ deserved to be nailed to a cross and die for you? People in Africa deserve to die of starvation while we in America are so fat we now have to take up two seats on an airplane? So because you worked hard, good for you, you now deserve XYand Z while the millions of people who work their entire lives day in and day out deserve to be paid the lowest possible pittance for a wage? The world deserves HIV, cancer and any other horrible disease? Sorry folks, but even though I think that ultimately life IS fair in the long run. I don't think its based on a system that rewards you for what you deserve, so people, PLEASE stop using it.

3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

For that I turn to the world's great books and my amazing friends. They never cease to amaze me.

4. What turns you off?

Not knowing is one thing. Not thinking/ not caring THAT kills me.

5. What is your favorite curse word?

Frigning ne Whoo Ha! Its a fun word, you should try it some time. Very cathartic.

6. What sound or noise do you love?

Clarinets, swing bands, good classical music. Massive rain storms, thunder.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?

Chalk boards check. Television check, especially when their is NOTHING ON, which if you read one of my previous posts ( Wednesday, January 10, 2007) you will realize I think this condition is met quite frequently.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Teacher, Scientist, Polar explorer, Author, stand up comedian, coast guard, NOAA officer, marine biologist, astronomer... ah can't I just do them all. The aptitude test I took in high school said I would be good at all of them, so why can't I just do all of them?

9. What profession would you not like to do?

I don't really want to work in business, stuck in a cubicle told what to think and do day after day. Creativity connection to the world severed burned and destroyed. I don't want to be a yes man working 9-5. I don't want to be like everyone else. And I don't want to be an accountant. Bleah. No offense to either two of you out there who actually do want this, that's your dream, not mine.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

So have you heard the one about ...

No comments: